The hospital had a very humble beginning in 1936. Angarnaly was a tiny village with barely any facility to address the health needs, of the local community. It was with this in mind that the Archdiocese of Emakulam started this hospital. The hospital was named after St.Theresa of Lisieux who is the patron saint of the hospital (She is lovingly called ‘The Little Flower’).
Little Flower Hospital and Research Centre is not a profit oriented organization and is registered as a charitable trust. It is a 660 bedded multi speciality hospital. It also Imparts training in various fields of Medical, Paramedical and Nursing care.
It is also a recognized research centre. The hospital is conveniently located with easy access by road, rail and air. Cochin International Airport is only 4 km away and the nearest railway station is only 1.5km away from the hospital. The district headquarters, Ernakularn is also near to the hospital. Angamaly is the meeting point of National Highway 47 and the Main Central Road.