Department of Interventional Cardiology
Though the department of Cardiology was established as a full-fledged non-invasive department only in late 1990’s, the history of specialised cardiac care in Little Flower Hospital, dates back to early second half of the last century when a set of patients underwent Closed Mitral Valvotomy in 1960’s. This is considered as one of the earliest cardiac surgeries done in Kerala.
In 2009 Cathlab and Cardiothoracic Surgery treatment facilities were introduced and department was renamed as “Heart Care Centre”.
Heart Care Centre functions as three divisions.
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiac Anaesthesia
- 24 x 7 Primary Angioplasty facility.
- Centre of excellence in Bifurcation Intervention.
- Expertise in limb salvage therapy.
- Dedicated Heart Failure Team.
- Cardiac MRI to assess myocardial viability.
- Centre for Stroke Intervention
Stroke team of Neurologists, Neurosurgeon & Interventional Cardiologists.
- Experienced doctors.
- Dedicated specialised staff members.
- Team BLS for Public Awareness Program
- Cardiology Medical Camp focusing preventive cardiology.
“Centre recognized for DNB Training in Cardiology”.
Our Cardiology Consultants Team
Dr. Stigi Joseph. MD, DM (Cardio) (SCT)
Fellow ICPS (Paris)
Senior Consultant Cardiologist & HOD
Dr. Sajan Narayanan. MD (Med.), DM (Cardio) FESC
Senior Consultant Cardiologist
Dr. Anwar. C. Varghese. MD (Med.), DM (Cardio)
Dr. Rajesh. G, MD (Med.), DM (Cardio)
Dr. Ajith Thachil, MD, DM (Visiting Electrophysiologist)
Dr. Hareesh Mohan
Former consultants who served in Cardiology department:
Dr. Thomas Paul
Dr. Mathew Abraham
Dr. Rajeev. C
Dr. Jaydeep. C. Menon.
Dr. Georgie Thomas
Dr. Shibu Augustine
Dr. Manoj Thomas