Dr. Mithun Raj
MBBS, MD, DM
Dr. Mithun Raj is a Gastroenterologist who was trained at prestigious Sanjay Gandhi Post graduate Institute (SGPGI). His area of interest include advanced therapeutic upper & lower GI endoscopies including GI bleed management ,polypectomy, esophageal stenting, EMR, ESD, pseudo cyst drainage and ERCP for pancreato- biliary pathologies.
Government Medical College, Kottayam
- MD (General Medicine)
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)
- DM (Gastroenterology)
Sanjay Gandhi Post graduate Institute (SGPGI)
|Little Flower Hospital, Angamaly||Consultant Gastroenterologist|
|2011-2015||ALMAS Hospital, Kottakkal||Consultant Gastroenterologist|
Memberships and certifications
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
Awards and achievement
- University topper, gold medal winner in MD Medicine, JIPMER 2007
- Gold medal winner for best outgoing student, MD Medicine, JIPMER, 2007
- Gold medal winner for the best thesis paper in MD medicine, JIPMER, 2007: “ Clinico-radiological correlation in inferior venacava obstruction”
- Raj M, Kumar K, Ghoshal UC, Saraswat VA, Aggarwal R, Mohindra S.Acute Hepatitis E-Associated Acute Pancreatitis: A Single Center Experience and Literature Review.Pancreas. 2015;44(8):1320-2
- Kumar K, Mohindra S, Raj M, Choudhuri G.Procalcitonin as a marker of sepsis in alcoholic hepatitis.Hepatol Int. 2014;8(3):436-42
- Philip M, Augustine P, Thomas V, Ramesh GN, Vinayakumar KR, Ramachandran TM, Siyad I, Mukkada RJ, Devi RS, Chettupuzha AP, Jaison VA, Ramesh M, Mahadevan P, Koshy A; Kerala Inflammatory Bowel Disease Study Group.Multi-center prospective survey of inflammatory bowel diseases in Kerala: More than 2000 cases. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2017;36(6):459-467
- Subrahmanyan D, Mathew J, Raj M. An unusual manifestation of Abrusprecatorius poisoning: a report of two cases. ClinToxicol (Phila). 2008; 46(2):173-5.
- Raj M, Subrahmanyam DK, Agrawal A, Sethuraman KR. Alkyl succinate poisoning. J Assoc Physicians India. 2006 Oct;54:825-6.
- Raj M, Ramakrishnan A, Shenoy P, Negi VS, Swaminathan RP. Asymptomatic right atrial thrombus in a case of nephrotic syndrome. J Nephrol. 2006 Nov;19(6):825-7.
- Raj M, Agrawal A. Inferior vena cava thrombosis complicating tuberculosis. N Z Med J. 2006 Oct 27;119(1244):U2279
- Pavithran P, Mithun R, Jomal M, Nandeesha H. Heart rate variability in middle-aged men with new-onset hypertension. Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol. 2008 Jul; 13(3):242-8.
- Raj Mithun, SwaminathanRathinamPalamalai, NegiVir Singh. Unsuspected Klinefelter syndrome mosaicism presenting as osteoporosis: a case report. Arch Med Sci 2006; 2, 3: 208-210.
- Jomal Mathew, Mithun Raj, Tarun Kumar Dutta, Bhawana Ashok Badhe, RatnakarSahoo, MuktaVenkatesan. Extra-pulmonary tuberculosis presenting as obstructive jaundice. Arch Med Sci 2007; 3, 1: 73-75
- Mithun Raj, PadhanPrasantha, RamakrishnanSanthosh, Sethuraman KR. Breast tumour presenting as recurrent deep vein thrombosis. Eur J Gen Med 2006; 3(2):88-89